Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"A child dies every three seconds..."

For this last post, I searched for a great quote from a worldly individual that would be able to portray the playful innoscense that encompasses children.  That is when I came across a quote by Brad Pitt, yes the actor!  He may not be the worldly individual I was looking for, and his quote is far from showing innocence and playfulness, but it really affected me.  The week that I blogged about children facing and overcoming trauma, it tugged at so many emotions.  The following quote will leave you all with something to think about in terms trauma and poverty.


"Let us be the ones who say we do not accept that a child dies every three seconds simply because he does not have the drugs you and I have. Let us be the ones to say we are not satisfied that your place of birth determines your right to life. Let us be outraged, let us be loud, let us be bold."  Brad Pitt, actor


I have experienced so many emotions over the last 8 weeks, some are from looking back over personal issues with my life growing up, some dealing with my daughter's illness, and others when learning about others personal stories.  This class has been enlightening, and I have greatly enjoyed reading all the blogs and discussions.  It is amazing how much we can learn through eachother!!!

5 comments:

  1. Kristen, I want to thank you for sharing so many wonderful posts. I have learned a lot from you and honestly enjoyed reading everything you posted. I even went back and read some of your previous posts, you really share from the heart, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I can't believe that 8 weeks have gone by sooooo quickly. You have done a wonderful job with your blogs, and thank you so much for sharing from your heart. It has been a pleasure reading your blogs. Hope to be able to read some more of your blogs in the next class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a soul searching quote from someone we might not have expected it from! Yet that just goes to show how we often put people in a box. Not only adults, but children. Just those five simple words, "let us be the one. . ." evoke a stirring to go out and make a difference. To simply be the one. I have enjoyed reading some of your blog posts today and hope that we have the chance to cross paths in some future classes.
    Cindy Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have greatly enjoyed reading your blogs weekly. You always go beyond my expectations or what is required. Thank you for your hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, I always seem to enjoy reading your blogs and seeing what you have to say. Not only do I feel I'm getting to know you better through them, I learn from them, on an educated level of course, as well. Thank you, and what an amazing quote, I can see why it pulled at your heart. Good Luck and I'm sure we'll bump into eachother in future classes.

    ReplyDelete